1892 – 1914
1892 – On September 23, 1892, the SS Murex, the world's first oil tanker, approached Bangkok's shores with 1,250 tonnes of "Crown" kerosene. Shell built Pak Lat Terminal Samut Prakan, the company’s first terminal in Thailand. The event marked the beginning of Shell's success story in the Kingdom.
1897 – The Samuel brothers formed Shell Transport and Trading Company and used a seashell for the company’s logo.
1903 – To facilitate marketing in the Asian region, Shell Transport and Trading Company and Royal Dutch Petroleum Company set up a new corporation called the Asiatic Petroleum Company.
1914 – Asiatic Petroleum (Siam) Ltd. was first housed on Oriental Lane. At the same time, an oil import terminal was established at Bangpakok, providing bulk storage facilities for the company's petroleum products.
1924 – 1939
1924 – The 26 acres of a new oil depot situated in Bangpakok was completed and replaced with Paklad depot.
1928 – Asiatic Petroleum (Siam) Ltd. saw its growth as a good opportunity for future expansion and acted by acquiring plots of land in Klong Toey. Today, this area has become the centre of Shell's operations in Thailand.
1929 – Shell saw another change of office location for Asiatic Petroleum (Siam) Ltd. when the company moved to the top floor of the Borneo Company's headquarters at Bantawai. At the same time, regional terminals were established in Korat, Chiang Mai, Phrae, Surat Thani, Lampang and Phitsanulok.
1939 – The expanding operation of the company was suddenly interrupted during World War II. Like other foreign firms, Asiatic Petroleum (Siam) Ltd. had to shut down in 1939 until the end of the war.
1940 – 1958
1946 – After the war, the Government approached Shell to return to Thailand. The company resumed operations under a new name: The Shell Company of Thailand Ltd. The ever-expanding company established its head office on Charoen Krung Road in the same year, at the corner of Surawongse Road.
1948 – Shell established its oil terminal and oil storage tanks in the Klong Toey area and later expanded the facilities into Chong Nonsri terminal today.
1949 – Shell gained a healthy market share for its engine lubricants when the company introduced Shell X-100, the first Shell motor oil to contain additives.
1954 – A completely novel concept, Shell gasoline with ICA, was launched to keep carburetors clean.
1958 – "Super Shell" was introduced to the local market, as well as "Butagas", a household fuel for cooking.
1959 – 1973
1959 – Shell imported "LPG gas" to the local market.
1965 – Shell Quiz, the longest-running television programme in Thai history, began airing, with the aim to improve English skills among Thai students.
1972 – "Super Shell with ASD" was introduced, reflecting the increasing sophistication of technology.
1973 – Shell launched the "New Shell Super (20W/50)" lubricant to the market. The company’s expanding operations called for another office move to a prime area on Wireless Road.