Main content | back to top
Shell Helix Ultra Racing
Shell’s maximum performance for racing and modified engines.
- Ultimate Active Cleansing Technology
Up to five times more effective at removing sludge than mineral oil.
- Longer protection thanks to enhanced oxidisation resistance
Shell Helix Ultra Racing provides up to 30% more protection than other fully synthetic leading brands tested.
- Specially designed for racing and modified engines
Greater bearing and wear protection under extreme performance and racing conditions.
Active Cleansing Technology for better performance
Cleaner engines can operate more efficiently and are likely to deliver more power. Extreme-performance engines and racing conditions can cause excessive engine and bearing wear.
Shell Helix Ultra Racing motor oil has been developed in association with Scuderia Ferrari, and is Shell’s unique formulation for racing and modified engines. It delivers Shell’s ultimate cleansing, which helps engines to operate efficiently for maximum performance and protection. Shell Helix Ultra Racing has been formulated with a higher viscosity to provide better bearing protection under extreme performance and racing conditions than Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40.
Shell Helix Ultra Racing is specifically formulated for high-performance racing and modified fuel-injection gasoline engines that are fitted with catalytic converters and blow-by-gas recirculation.
Shell Helix tests
To clean and protect an engine, the oil must continue to perform until it is removed when the car is serviced. With some manufacturers recommending longer service intervals, an oil’s ability to stay fit is even more important. Throughout the oil’s life, it has to disperse more and more dirt – keeping it locked away and preventing it from being redeposited in the engine.
Our scientists perform a variety of tests that measure the ability of Shell Helix oils to resist breakdown and disperse dirt. We also test our competitors’ oils, so that we can benchmark our lubricants and demonstrate the benefits of using Shell Helix oils.
Why you should use Shell Helix Ultra Racing:
- Greater bearing and wear protection under extreme performance and racing conditions.
- Up to five times more effective at removing sludge from dirty engines than a mineral oil.
- Up to 30% more protection than other fully synthetic leading brands tested.
- Maintains viscosity and stays in grade throughout the oil-change interval.
- Reduces oil volatility and therefore oil consumption and the need for top-up.
- Smoother, quieter drive.
Recommended by Scuderia Ferrari
Shell Helix Oil is the only motor oil Scuderia Ferrari recommends. That’s why Shell Helix is inside not just every Ferrari Gran Turismo car that leaves Maranello, but also every Ferrari Formula One car at every race.
Specifications and approvals
Because lubricants vary in quality, universal criteria are used to describe oil performance and usage. Shell Helix motor oils not only meet these increasingly demanding international specifications but usually surpass them. Shell Helix Ultra Racing exceeds these specifications:
- API SN/CF; ACEA A3/B3/B4; Meets the requirements of BMW M; MB Approval 229.1; VW 501 01/505 00; Ferrari
Compared with a normal mineral oil (API SG/CD)